In some S and K news....there have been major advances in the areas of climbing and crawling. K is the crawler and it did not take him long to get super fast either. The funny thing is, he still doesn't sit up very well (today he showed some more progress). I thought babies usually sit before they are on the move, but I guess he is alright because he seems to be working on the sitting up more and more. In bigger more sad news for me...S climbed out of his crib last night for the first time! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! I was so nervous because A was at cub scouts and I kept hearing the jiggling of a door handle and I finally figured out where it was coming from. I opened the door to the boys' bedroom and S was standing there so proud of himself and he just said "Hi". I could not believe he got out so carefully that I didn't even hear a thump. Luckily, I just put him back in the crib and he went to sleep.
Today was a different story. He stayed in his crib for all of his nap and when I heard that he woke up, I waited a little bit to get him since I was preparing dinner. I then heard his door open and out he came! Yikes! Guess I was too slow! Tonight when we were getting them ready for bed, A and I got to watch S climb out of his crib (it was interesting for us to just see how he did it) and then (here is a problem I didn't even think of) climb up and over into K's crib! Ummm....yikes! He then snuggled right down in a corner of K's crib and said "Bye" to us like they were all set. So we had to take him out and have him climb out two more times (at least no more K crib attempts) before he seems to have gone to sleep. I really want to get one of those cool tent covers for the cribs because I am not ready to move S into a bed yet! I really didn't think this was going to happen to me because S loves his crib so much. Oh well I guess he is just growing up. Here are some fun photos! (Yes, S is holding a fan cord in one of them, but I told him to keep it away from K as he was crawling towards it)




So the day that you have been dreading is here! How creepy to have the door knob jiggling when you are home alone. I hope the crib tent works. Good luck! The pictures are adorable as always.
ReplyDeleteIt's funny how different kids are. Trevan was not a climber, but Mallary totally is!! aughhh!!
ReplyDeleteFUN FUN ON FINDING A HOUSE!! Woo hoo, I know that is exciting!!!!!
ReplyDeleteIt would inevitably happen you know. I told you it wouldn't last much longer. It told Andy last I told Andy last night that we have a toddler bed you can have if you want it.
ReplyDeleteCute pics! That's exciting about looking for a house! How is that going?
ReplyDeleteAndrea! I can't believe he's crawling! Brenan wants to take off so badly! I think it was Anika who skipped sitting and went straight to crawling. It's funny how kids do things on their own time schedule! Your babies sure are cute!! I hope you are having a fun summer! AND congrats on looking for a house - so exciting!!
ReplyDelete