Happy Memorial day! I love this long weekend! It is so much fun to spend it with family and friends and eat good picnic food. What is not so fun is trying to take care of two kids in parks or homes that are not childproof. On Saturday we were at my dad's house for a family party. My dad has a pool and it was really scary and stressful having S around. Some of my dad's friends were pretty clueless about 2 year olds and pools and could not understand why we were trying to hold his hand or hold him the entire time he was outside. S wanted to go in the pool and had no fear. He was fine and we had a good time overall, but we were very happy to be safe in our car and heading home at the end of the day! I did get to do some awesome karaoke numbers with my sisters (Dancing Queen, and My Boyfriend's Back were some of the highlights)
Monday we watched the parade right outside of our apartment and then we went to our church picnic at a park which was fun, but again a little stressful with S and his lack of boundaries. I watched a lot of my friend's toddlers and a lot of them keep to a home base (near their parents) How come we didn't get so lucky? Maybe next year will be better. S is just so happy and wants to be free and run far, far, far away wherever we go. I also can hope that K will be different too. K is turning into such a sweet 8 month old baby. He really only gets sad if he's hungry or tired, which I think is fairly reasonable. Well again, overall, it was another fun picnic and we are happy to celebrate this wonderful country that we live in!

I just found your blog and I cannot tell you how happy the banner made me, I have just a little (HUGE) obsession with Disney. What a fun memorial day!
ReplyDeleteYou guys are too cute! I wish I had more babies so I could dress them all matching.
ReplyDeletei love the boston hats. i wonder who's idea that was??? :)
ReplyDelete