Friday, August 13, 2010

Reunion 2010

A's family has started doing immediate family reunions just two years ago. They all agreed that they would continue the tradition every two years. The one in 2008 was a blast and this one did not disappoint either. It is so nice to see how much all the cousins change and to see them develop good friendships with each other as well.

We started out the reunion a little rocky with K's health. He was carsick on Monday night and then continued to be sick into Tuesday. I still wasn't that concerned because at this point, I thought it must just be a 24 hour bug. He was drinking pedialite but he still wasn't eating anything. Early Weds. morning took a turn for the worse as he threw up all the pedialite and continued to throw up stomach bile several times. I called my advice nurse and she recommended we take him to the ER since he could be dehydrated. We did and sure enough he was and had to be hooked up to an IV for an hour. After that they discharged us even though is levels said he was still borderline dehydrated and we had to watch him for signs of pain. He didn't drink much when we left the hospital and hardly drank at all before bed. About two hours after we got him to sleep he woke up screaming and was inconsolable. I called the number for the ER and they said we could bring him in. He needed to be admitted overnight because his levels were even lower than they were when we brought him in that morning. It was amazing to me how fast he went from on the mend...right back down to the danger zone. He recovered just fine the next day and we found out he had a very sore throat which was why he was very hesitant to drink anything. The rest of the trip went so smoothly and was very enjoyable that I can almost forget that event with K ever happened. He is our first ER experience child.

The place we all stayed at was so much fun in itself. It had a gym with basketball hoops, these racer bikes (I am sure they have an offical name that I just don't know), scooters, and a fast slide that was fun for adults too! K and I certainly had fun! We caught K one night playing in the gym by himself after we put them to bed (he can climb out of his pack and play) it was pretty funny! There was also a big kids room with lots of toys, bunk beds, and a big slide you could use to get into the room. S still talks about wanting to go back to the house to play and slide down the big blue slide. It was a great place to house such a big group!

Some other highlights of the reunion include: family olympics (lots of fun relays that everyone could participate in), building and launching rockets, family jepardy game, taking family portraits, playing lots of games, and eating lots of good food. It was truly a fun time and I wish we all lived closer together to see each other more often! We miss everyone! :0)

I have all these great pictures thanks to one of A's sisters. She took a lot of pictures and I am so glad she did! (I'll put more pictures on a different post)



























t

No comments:

Post a Comment