Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Pool time fun

A lot has been going on in our little family. The biggest news which I am most excited about is S is potty trained! It happened unexpectedly and not at a convenient time. He showed interest one night after begging to go to the carousel at the mall, (which we haven't gone in several weeks as a possible motivator for the potty training), A told him that he could go ride the horses if he tried to use the potty. S then went in the bathroom and started getting ready to try! Amazing! He had his first success that night, we rode the horses the next day, and he has been pretty good overall. It was much better than I anticipated! We hit some set-backs, but now he seems to get it pretty well and he is dry through the night too! The hardest thing is convincing him he should try and go throughout the day, because he loves to hold it until the last second, but I think that's normal with boys right? :0)

Also, the same week that S decided to potty train, was the same week I started to work a little bit. I started tutoring in reading part-time and I feel very old having a 17 year old baby-sitter come and watch my kids, but it all worked out. It's over now for the school year and in the fall I think I only want to work two days a week instead of four, but it was a good opportunity and it felt good to update my resume for the first time since 2005 when I started teaching.

In some fun summer plans, we are getting ready to go to one of A's brother's wedding without S and K in a couple of weeks. I am nervous about leaving them, but I know they will be in good hands with their grand-parents. :0) I really wanted to go a couple of months ago when the weather was cold and I felt I deserved a nice break from S and K, but now that it is coming...I am not wanting or needing to go as much as I was before. Oh well, I know it will all be alright.

Here are some fun pictures at my dad's house with one of my sisters. She just moved really far away and I miss her already. In my immediate family the farthest anyone has ever gone has only been about 2 hours away...so its a big deal to have her move that far. I know it will be a great opportunity for her though, so I am happy for her too! Welcome summer!





No comments:

Post a Comment