Here's the "hooray" part: on Monday the binkie had two holes in it from S chewing on them and I had just bought him a new one last Friday so it only lasted about a week! I was mad and I thought "now is as good a time as any to just be done" especially if I was going to be feeding a now "have to buy a new one every week" habit. So we cut the broken parts off and showed it to him and told him "Your binkie is broken and we can't fix it. It's time to be a big boy." He cried really hard that morning for about 30 min. He kept asking us to fix it. Then he seemed okay the rest of the day. He would ask for it and then I would show him what was left and he would whine a little and tell me "broken". I did not give him a nap (but he is phasing those out anyway :0( so I waited for the worst to come at night and ..... to our amazing SHOCK there were no tears, whining, or anything. He asked for it a couple times and we didn't answer him and then he slept threw the night (except for one wake up and then I just put him back and he was fine) We are on day 3 and things are still good. Tonight he asked again for it and he answered his own question with "binkie broken" and a little whimpering. WOW right?
I think it is one of those things that I was anticipating weeks of no sleep and trying to console him, ect. and I am so pleasantly suprised that I was prepared for the worst and got the BEST possible outcome! S we are so proud of you!
The downside to this is the no naps now everyday for him and I am struggling without my two hour lunch, movie, computer, reading break. I really feel "full time" now more than ever, but S goes to bed now without a peep so there are positives. K is now down to one nap that is usually 2 1/2- 4 hours! So that is nice too!
Other fun things about S is that he got to go to his first college football game with A a couple weeks ago! He had a lot of fun and loves to talk about the football game and play with A's old stuffed football. He now sleeps with it too! He is super cute about it! Our little 2 1/2 year old is really growing up! :0)


Congratulations! Those pics are so adorable!
ReplyDeleteThanks friend! I miss you!
ReplyDelete